Monday, January 29, 2007

Peculiar things that kid do – why?

This morning when I was in the bathroom scrambling to get ready for work, in my usual “I’m late, I’m late!!!!” style, I notices 3 pink streaks on the wall behind the sink.

I knew I hadn’t put them there – so of course I call my daughter into the bathroom to ask her what they were. Her first response was to guiltily look at me and shrug her shoulders and say “I dunno?” Of course – never being content to except an obvious omission of truth – I asked again. I told her I couldn’t get it off if I didn’t know what it was. I asked that she just tell me the truth. She said “well it might be blood”, and of course the puzzled expression on my face must have said it all but I asked anyway “from what?”

Well my teeth were bleeding when I brushed my teeth for bed last night. So of course, I bite, “Well how did the blood get on the wall?”

The next part is the part I just struggle to get my head around. She motions with hand gestures that she put her finger in her mouth – and then wiped the blood off on the wall.

I tried very hard to not lose it. “Did it not occur to you to wash it off in the sink, or grab some Kleenex to wipe your finger on?”

Again – the shoulder shrug. I couldn’t help myself “You are almost 10 years old – this is something that I would expect from a 2 year old – you have to think things through”.

My friends opinion – she’s a creative kid…. It’s art….

Uh – yeah, not on MY bathroom wall!

Happy Monday.

No comments: