Thursday, January 04, 2007

Day Four of the New Year

I have to say - I have had a number of phone calls and emails from friends this past few days, and even some invitations to spend time with people I haven't seen for a while.

Last night I had a really nice visit with a friend I haven't seen for a couple of months and who I have missed. She and I have always had an easy time relating to one another, both single mom's with kids, who have been in a dating relationship. We had a great heart to heart and are remarkably similar in our attitudes about things.

I spoke to her quite candidly about my approach to this new year - and I have to say - it felt good. She said "I am so proud of you and how you are handling all of this" to which I replied... "Yes I think I am a little proud of myself too... but it's only the third day - lol".

We had a really nice time and promised to stay in touch and reminded the other to call anytime.

This week - so far has been a good start to my getting things on the right track and feeling like I am once again heading in a direction with my life that feels a little clearer.

I think - although I had other plans - I need to have a quiet night in - all this excitement is wearing me out....

No comments: