Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Don't mean to Brag but....

I seriously think I might be a pretty good cook - that is to say - when no one pesters me while I am in the kitchen, and if I have just one drink on the go - I can whip up some pretty tasty meals.... I must say!

Now I can't exactly prove it - but I can say this - I like good food - and we are always most critical of our own cooking - but lately - I think I've got my grove on.

Tonight it was hot and sour soup - very tasty - and perfect when you are nursing a little stuffed up head and cold. I made mine with chicken instead of tofu in the hopes that my daughter would try some - but when she saw me put in all those mushrooms - it was a no go..

On Sunday - I made one of my childhood favourits... German meatballs (from scratch) potatoes and white gravy - with veggies on the side.... and it was.... I'd say... pretty damn good!

I think between these latest offerrings and the Christmas cookies (7 different kinds) that I baked this year - I might actually not be a bonefide knob in the kitchen - look at me go! (Now that's what I'm talking about!)

* Note: picture is not of my meatballs - mine looked way more appetizing and brown....

No comments: