Thursday, January 04, 2007

In My Daughter's Eyes

In my daughter's eyes
I am a hero

I am strong and wise
and I know no fear


But the truth is plain to see

She was sent to rescue me

I see who I wanna be

In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes
everyone is equal

Darkness turns to light
and the
world is at peace

This miracle God gave to me
gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer

I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future

A reflection of who I am and what will be

Though she'll grow and someday leave

Maybe raise a family


When I'm gone
I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there In my daughter's eyes

~Martina McBride

No comments: