Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

New Year - New Outlook!

I woke up bright and early - cheers for no hangover on New Years Day - but I guess it helps if you don't drink anything on New Years Eve. I do believe the gods are shining down on me today - to give me an extra little push in the right direction. The Sun is Shining - there isn't a cloud in the clear blue sky - and I can take a deep breath.

But it's what comes after that - the deep breath came without some of the usual heaviness - it was a breath - not a sigh.....
I am certain that in this next remark I will easily lose half my audience.... Someone pointed out a few things I might consider.... consider is the word I choose because I think they know my level of scepticism around all the self-help crap that is out there. I like to think a level head, and common sense can overcome many things.... but I did take a very small peek at some information and found a couple of things that didn't make me want to roll my eyes - well not exactly.
  • I will take personal responsibility for my health and emotional stability.

  • I will let go of negative emotional baggage I have been carrying. Only then will I be able to deal with your life in a realistic and positive manner.

  • The resolution of feelings from the past so that I can face the present with a less obstructed view.

These things make sense to me... in some way and for different reasons. As I type this I listen to a line from a Van Morrison song - "I've been doing some soul searching...marching to the beat of a different drum, but lately I have realized the best is yet to come...." So today - my head is up, my outlook - is less dismal, and I plan to tackle the corners of my closets - literally - not figuratively. Thank you to my friends - the ones the send words of encouragement, that remind me of what I have going for me, and that if they can help all I have to do is ask. With those thoughts, and not thought of the past - firmly planted in my head - I move forward into 2007!

p.s. I pulled a page out of my daughters guide to life (a moment I recalled from when she was 2) and I licked the entire roof of our gingerbread house before tossing it out!!!!!


No comments: