Wednesday, January 17, 2007

a few of my favourite things












in no particular order
  • nice bedding and soft blankets
  • my daughter's drawings
  • the smell of a clean baby
  • the ocean
  • a great found treasured object
  • nostalgia
  • fresh scents
  • making a new recipe and having it turn out perfectly
  • the sound fall leaves make when you walk through them
  • a massage (with no strings attached)
  • flip flops
  • an honest to goodness romantic love letter
  • drawstring pyjamma bottoms
  • simple silver jewellery
  • Jane Chocolate lipstick (which sadly has been discontinued - it smelled and tasted like heaven and the colour - was perfect)
  • open spaces with grass and trees - really big trees
  • the way a tree's leaves look when a wind blows really hard through them, and the accompanying sound
  • a night out with friend(s) where you laugh until it hurts
  • a well put together outfit
  • really kick-ass shoes (to go with an outfit - that had to be purchased to go with shoes)
  • Fresh flowers (no red roses or or fake multi coloured carnations please)
  • the smell of coconut suntan lotion (always reminds me of vacation)
  • my daughter's smile - the one where her dimple shows
  • those huge snow flakes that fall gently from the sky that look like they are in no hurry to get anywhere
  • clutter free
  • slow dancing with the perfect partner
  • the smell of a woodstove on a crisp cold day
  • dragon-flys
  • my MAIDEN NAME
  • real surprises (I am very hard to surprise because of my intuitive nature)
  • a good chick-flick
  • my daughter's eyes when she is excited
  • the look of earth toned slate tiles
  • Sangria
  • a great book - the kind you can't put down
  • music
  • lilacs and lily of the valley (reminds me of home)
  • rhubarb pie
  • candlelight
  • the prospect of travelling to a new place - one day
  • fresh cherries
  • my bowl of polished river rocks
  • my dark chocolate brown, perfect leather chairs
  • my birth stone (garnet)
  • new beginnings

No comments: