Thursday, May 31, 2007

The life of a Blogger

Ok - I have a tiny bit of catching up to do - and not all of it is going to happen right now - at 6:23 on a Thursday night while in the midst of doing 4 loads of laundry.

I used to write a blog, almost daily in fact, and it was like candy for my soul. It gave me a chance to vent, write, ponder and really purge my thoughts. I'll admit, not all of them were good or productive.

Around Christmas time last year - someone known to me discovered my blog, and used many of the things I'd written about, my thoughts, feelings etc, and twisted them in a way that was hurtful and unproductive. I pulled the blog. I lost my outlet.

Now I know - blogs are public domain, but essentially it's perfect strangers that read them - unless of course you divulge your blog address. I had indeed given a very small handful of people in my life, those in particular that encouraged me to write my stories, the address. It was at the time a useful and productive way for some of my closest friends to have a handle on what was going on in my life, and how I was coping.

In any case - I started a newer, less personal blog some months later, but it was never the same. It's kind of like going to summer camp and having the best time EVER and then returning the next summer to find it feels a little like someone else's used shoe. Not the same, not familiar, and not as good as your own well worked in sneaker. (do people even call them sneakers... lol).

In any case - tonight I pulled a couple of my best, or favourite posts, and put them here. You may notice the dates are older, and the references may be outdated, but they are my little stories.

When time permits, I may post a few more, I may not.... but I will continue to write into my future, the things that matter, the quotes I can relate to, and my moods of the moment.

Enjoy

Me!

No comments: