Monday, July 16, 2007

Just when you think they are glad to be rid of you...

My daughter called tonight. She's only been gone since about the same time last night (8ish) and I could hear in her voice the unshed tears and unhappiness. I figured last week camp was a huge hit - but time at home with Mom wasn't terribly exciting. It wasn't all bad, we did go on a date to the movies, hit the pool Friday night, visit her cousins on Saturday and attend a family picnic yesterday - but still, most of the time we just hung out doing out own thing.

She was upset, and trying not to cry, she sounded so forlorn, and it's only day 1 of 8. It could be along week. She said she wished it was Wednesday, then changed her mind to Thursday - because then it would be more than halfway through her week with Dad.

I know he is off with her this week - and I would imagine he will spend some time doing some fun stuff with her. He usually scores major points with her for all the fun Dad type stuff he does with her. I don't know exactly what was on her mind. I know she thought they were going to visit his old girlfriend, go for burgers or something. She told me that's not going to happen now - and she sounded disappointed. I just wanted to be able to give her a big hug.

Sometimes it's so hard to know just what to do. I encouraged her to talk to her Dad, and plan a couple of things for the week together.

We will see - I didn't expect to hear from her so soon.

My little monkey...

Love you chicklet
Mom

No comments: