Friday, August 24, 2007

Holy Crap - That Can't Be Right?

Only one more week until School starts??? Where the hell have I been?

I realized yesterday that so much has been going on this summer that time has just sort of slipped through my fingers like so many grains of sand! We have had a really great summer, my daughter loving the camp she has been attending, making lots of fun projects. It's been so nice to drop her off in the mornings with a huge smile on her face and to pick her up seeing the same.

Time has flown by, but here are some of the hightlights:

We spent the first week of August (our only week's Holiday's together) on a trip to the East Coast with a dear friend. We had so much fun, and the time past all too quickly. I will have to post some details and pictures from that week... another time.

After 3 years - Single Mom has scored a new job at an exciting Advertising & Marketing Company, and my first day is the same as back to school day... Yippee! and then I realized when I was trying to figure out what time I should show up on my first day.... that I've totally forgotten to register my daughter for her After4 after school (daycare) program... I SO SUCK!

We are loving our new place, my daughter made a great new friend... Yeah! But... we just discovered she is moving (boo hoo) However the silver lining is that her grandparents live next door - so they will still be able to visit.

I am pleased to say that in March I started dating my best friend, and things are going incredibly well. We are meeting each others family and friends and that couldn't be going better. I am, and just as importantly my daughter, are both very happy.

My list is sounding a little... stilted... so I'm going to get back to work.. so I can't get fired... (LOL - in case you missed it... new job... so technically I CAN'T get fired) but in any case I have an hour and a half to go before the Friday afternoon festivities can begin

(sleepover with my sister-in law and my neice and nephew... yeah!)

Be back, and will write more soon

Have a great one!

Single Parent

1 comment:

Ade said...

I stumbled upon your blog through comments you left on another one, where you referenced being a single parent...I am one too.

After reading through your previous entries, I am struck by how many things you wrote that I have thought, and I just wanted to let you know that it was great to realize I'm not crazy or alone.

Hope the fact that you haven't blogged lately is that you are busy with fabulous things...you certainly deserve them!